Tuesday, September 21, 2004

A Week in the Life, Day 3

Working later in the day has its own perks. This time of the year, my mother-in-law/babysitter takes Sammy to a Bible study on Tuesdays. This lets me catch up on news on the Internet (see links on the left of the screen).

Today I met one of Robert's friends, a boy named Jordan Jackson. He seemed like a really outgoing and friendly child. From hearing Robert talk about his day, this was the boy that has helped him open his back of chips at lunch. It's good to see Robert making friends at a young age. The more I see him grow, the more the fatherly pride grows, too. I really want to get this parenting thing right. Robert and Samuel are the living breathing part of my legacy. Lord, please help me get thisright. If I fail at everything else, atleast let me get this right.

Working late also means that I don't get to see the boys that much when I get home, since we enforce bedtime promptly upon my arrival. Robert functions better at school when he feels he is within the parameters of a solid routine. He even reminds me of it if I forget.

Until tomorrow..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home