Sunday, September 19, 2004

A Week in the Life....

Well, let's see how this goes....

Sunday morning for me isn't as regemented as other days of the week. By that I mean that I don't have to get up at 6. Today it was a little after 7 and my oldest was lying next to my bed under a remnant of cover that was hanging off the bed. It was too cute for words.

After firing up the coffee pot, I make a point of making some quite time for me and the Lord. I have found that if I am too busy to pray, then I am too busy, period. That's a good sign to SLOW DOWN. I have had folks ask me how long we should pray. Th best answer I have found is that time is like 2 sides of the same coin. On the one side, time is most essential. There needs to be enough time for us to talk to God and to listen. Keep in mind that God does things His way and it's not always the same way twice. On the other side of the coin, we shouldn't concern ourselves with time. For example, it's not good to keep looking at your watch when you're praying. The more you nurture your relationship with God, the more time you'll spend with Him, and you'll find a "zone", if you will, where you'll not worry about time. You'll know when it's just right.

Today I have to work, which means I'll have to cut Sunday School short. I'm the opening manager, so there's no time cushion. Opening procedures and Payroll fall on me today, not to mention some lab maintenance needs to get done.

On a good note, Sundays in the fall mean "Are you ready for some FOOTBALL". It's nice having a small TV in the lab to watch games in between eyeglass jobs. At first I was concerned that it might become too much of a distraction, but we have found a "happy medium". With football season also comes our fantasy football league, which is in its second season. With out getting into the details, I'll let you visit the web page yourself:


http://football.myfantasyleague.com/2004/home/88544

Of course, my team is Parker's Posse.........

Anyway, it's time to get rolling with the day. I have a youth service meeting tonight after work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home